Ovarian Cancer 5k & Apostrophe Chant Freebie

This weekend has been wonderful, but a bit hectic.  I was so happy to have all of my family in town for the 5K, but it was super busy all weekend.  Do you ever feel like you never really got a weekend?  Mine went by so fast!  Well, the good news is that I ran/walked in the 5K this weekend and the event doubled the amount raised last year and raised over $55,000 towards Ovarian Cancer research.  Thanks to everyones purchases the last few weeks I raised $107.20 towards the GYNCA foundation in Springfield, MO.  Every little bit counts and I was happy to mail the check off this week.  I posted some pictures from the event and a short video "Women of Courage" that my mom is featured in.  This is a short video that tells a lot about the foundation and the women that have been affected by Ovarian Cancer.



This week we are reviewing a lot of the concepts taught in unit 1 Treasures and we are testing over unit 1 this week.  I came up with a catchy chant to remember possessive apostrophe s.  I downloaded the poster as a editable PDF.  I hope this is something that will help make it stick.  My kids have done awesome with this chant and I created a flipchart on my promethean board to go with it. 
The frame graphic used in this sign was from mygraphico.com. 

No comments

Post a Comment