Character Counts Activity - Being You Is BEST!


I really love our morning meeting readings and activities and I am in love with the book, Spaghetti in a Hotdog Bun.  We snagged the super cute idea from over at Third Grade Thinkers and it was a hit.  I have read this book before, but I really loved the classroom connection activity that went with this.  It would be perfect for the beginning of the year or a mid-year get to know you more (like we did).

After reading the book the kids were split into pairs.  They had to discuss the interests on the classroom connection page (favorite food, sports, subject, etc) and fill out their boxes while engaging in conversation to see what they had in common.  Then, they sorted their interests on their papers and shared their findings.  I loved that some of the kids said that they were best friends but so different or that I had no idea that we liked the same holidays. They really enjoyed this and it was a great way to teach that being different is what makes you…YOU!

 I paired up with this CUTIE! 






You can grab this freebie by visiting Third Grade Thinkers blog. 
Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment