Spooky Subtractions & Pumpkin Fun


I’m pretty excited that next week we get to do all those fun Halloween activities and venture into some fun lessons! I wanted to share something I plan to use as a review before our last test in module 1 of the Eureka math program. I have survived this new program so far and the kids are really starting to gain number sense! Here is a look at the two math lessons I have for next week. 
Both of these activities can be yours for free if you stop by my Facebook Page and hit the like button.  There is a google docs link available for download.  Just search The Weekly Hive for your freebie.  I will also have it available to purchase at my TpT shop for $1. These focus on subtraction using a number path and subtracting with the number unknown.

My kids are going to love using their Franken-Path to help them solve their problems. Check out the spooky subtraction ghosts.  I know my students will love seeing the answer magically appear on their paper.  All the need is a white crayon and some markers or watercolor paints!
Click the image below for a direct link to my TpT shop. 

We also managed to have some pumpkin fun last week!  We had some pretty awesome parent volunteers come in to help the kids with some pumpkin science, measuring the circumference and height using non-standard measurement, and even got our hands dirty with some fun carving. Check out some of the pictures from the day! What fun things do you do this time of year? Please share.









Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment