Year End Goodies & More


Those last few weeks of school really feel like a whirlwind!  I am happy to say that my summer has started and I am enjoying every moment with my sweet daughter Nora.  I didn’t realize how long it had been since I posted, so here goes. .


The end of the year is always a hard time because I never really know what to get to the kiddos.  This year I decided to do a little of everything.  I borrowed this cute bucket idea from my fellow teacher friend and the kids loved it.  I bought 18 sand buckets from the Dollar Tree and had my kids go around sign each bucket.  This was the perfect filler for field day and also made a wonderful keepsake with all their friends autographs.  Inside the buckets I placed bubbles, Kool-Aide packets, crazy straws and a personalized word cloud.  I will tell more about those later.


I bet you are wondering what all those papers in the buckets are??? The teacher in me couldn’t resist some ready for 2nd grade activities for them to do over the summer. The buckets also had summer journals, fact practice, and review skills packets.  If they do some of it and bring it back to me the first week of school I will give them a coupon for a free ice cream cone.  It is true that if you stop reading and reviewing over those three months and you usually loose a level in reading and skills ; ( Sad but true!   The ready for second grade ideas came from A Year of many Firsts.  

So here is a little peek at the word clouds I made for each kid.  These are even more special because the words in the cloud were all words that their peers used to describe them.  They loved, I loved, the parents LOVED them.  I used Tagul.com and you can learn more about how to create these from www.polksdottedteacher.blogspot.com she has a wonderful video tutorial. Are they not the cutest! 



The last day of school was bittersweet.  It is hard to have lots of plans for the last two days, but we made the most of the cleaning process.  I HATE shaving cream, but I always use it on the desks for the last day and the kids love it.  We practiced math problems and quizzed friends over sight words.  That way if my principal stepped in it didn’t look like mad chaos. 





I would love to know fun things you always do those last couple days with your kids! Please share your ideas below.  On a side note I turn 30 in a few day and decided to actually buy something for me. I AM IN LOVE!!!! I am pretty sure my classroom will have a label for everything.

Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment