Our Recipe for Success!


    Well my first full week back was a success.  We did a lot of activities to get to know each other and build strong character within our classroom. One of my favorites this year was our recipe for success lesson.
    I love, love, love the book Thank you, Mr. Falker By: Patricia Polacco.  We watched the video on storyline online and we talked about how they would learn a lot of new things this year, even how to read.   I explained that reading isn’t easy and if you believe in yourself and you have a teacher who believes in you it is possible.


    We then made our recipes for success and discussed what all the “ingredients” meant.  It turned out really cute and the kids loved the snack.  I got the idea on Pinterest.  Here is the link.    







    We also got all of our tablets set up this week and we should be getting more of our paid apps next week.  In the mean time the kids are really getting the hang of these and it makes learning so much fun.  We used them to practice our handwriting skills before our pencil and paper worksheet, used fridge magnets for phonics, and even played some sight word games.  Our school district is the first in our state to have 1:1 prek-12th!!!!!


    Here are some pics from our first celebrity of the week.  My kiddos love this!  I will be doing a post next week with all my PDF docs and explanation of how it works.





We do a class promise every year.  Here is our promise to each other for 2014-2015.  I love that they are different every year!


Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment