Treasures Unit 3 Guided Reading Resources



Last year I made a Treasures Unit 2 guided reading resource pack and it was a big hit.  I also made sheets for unit 3 and 4, but never really put it into a unit.  I just finished the unit 3 packet this week and plan to have unit 4 up by August.  I actually love these resources because it makes my guided reading days go really smooth and I like that these sheets work as a supplemental activity that goes with the book after reading. 
My small group time looks a lot like this:
Monday
Word Work Strategies/Sight Words
These are usually activities that I’ve created to go along with Treasures spelling words for the week (i.e. games, flash cards, reading passages using patterns found in spelling words.)
Tuesday
Pathways Small Group Lesson
Wednesday
Pathways small group activity (tablets or game)
Thursday
Introduce guided reading book for the week with picture walk, choral reading, or read together/silently.  This usually depends on the level group I’m working with. I usually do a lot of post-it activities this day (i.e. retell at post-it stoppers, write down tricky words, I spay sight words, etc.)
Friday
Review the book and complete worksheets from packet below.  We usually complete both sheets on Friday, but some of the sheets are split to do one each day.

Here is a sample of what my new unit looks like!

Click the picture below to go to my teachers pay teachers shop to purchase.  The unit 2 is also available for purchase here.

Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment