Pumpkin, Pumpkins, Everywhere!



I must first say that my life has been in a bit of a tizzy the past month.  My husband came home with a brand new Apple computer for me, which I love...but it took me forever to get used to it and download all the programs I needed.  That has caused me to be so behind on posting, so there may be an overload of posts in the next couple weeks.  
This past week we were so busy doing all of our pumpkin activities.  One of my favorites was Spookly the Square Pumpkin.  We read the book and talked about what it means to be unique.  The kids loved sharing about what made them unique and some of the responses were so funny.  Here is a quick peek of the pumpkins we made to go with the story. 


 This pumpkin cracked me up.  His pinkies are different and curve inward just like his grandpa. Too cute!

Here are some quick picture of all the pumpkin activities we did in small groups.
They had to see if a pumpkin would sink or float.  I love how everyone thought it would sink.....they were shocked at the results. 

We also measures the pumpkins height and circumference with linking cubes and domino.  They even had to put the pumpkin pieces on their pumpkin to find out if it was scary, funny, happy, sad...etc. 




Hope you have a great week.....more posts and pictures to come.  I have to catch up with all the activities and pictures I am behind on  :) 


Photobucket

No comments

Post a Comment