I wish I had pictures to go with my favorite theme, but I didn’t ever take pictures. I have done tons of themes, but my favorite was western. I have the cutest reading corral made out of PVC pipes. I made a corral and sprayed them with brown spray paint and wrapped fake barbed wire around the corral. Inside the reading center here are some things I had:
* Old half barrels turned upside down with bandanna cushions (they made great chairs)
* I had a display on the wall that said “Lasso a Good Book”
Don’t Get the Boot – Each child had their name on a bulletin board and 3 boots next to their name. When they got in trouble they had to remove a boot. Three boots meant they got booted.
* Instead of buying boarders I used bandanas and rope around the trim. You can find these in bulk cheap on eBay.
* My hall passes were sheriff pins. Each pin had bathroom, office etc. written on it with a paint pin.
* My lunch choices were chuck wagon choices.
* I did a cute display in the beginning of the year with wanted posters. I took each child’s picture with a foam cowboy hat during open house and then I created the display or the first day of school. The board said, Wanted: Cowpokes ready to learn.
If I find pictures I will post them. This is going to drive me nuts!